Thursday, May 19, 2011

Goodbye Bali, Hello Australia!

Throughout this whole trip, I’ve been quite thorough with checking my visa requirements before heading to a country. Now, I’d heard that Canadians need a visa to enter Australia, but I’d also heard it was electronic and often just lumped in with the cost of the plane ticket. So I sort of forgot about it. While I was in Bali I double checked the visa requirements for New Zealand, and totally forgot to check Australia.

So I showed up at the airport without a visa. It was a bit of a surprise when they asked for one, and I was a bit freaked when she told me she couldn’t issue my boarding pass without a visa. Luckily, I had arrived really early, and they were able to process it for me right then and there for the price of $25USD. Disaster averted, hello Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment