Friday, January 7, 2011

Camping at the Crater – October 21, 2010 (Tanzania)


One night during the safari we camped up at the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater. I got up around midnight to go to the bathroom, which was behind the dining area. The night earlier when we camped in the Serengeti we were warned about getting up in the night and leaving our tent because of animals, but they didn’t give us any warnings for the crater campsite. As I walked around the corner I came upon a group of zebras munching away at the grass, right in front of the bathrooms.  I'm not sure who was more surprised - me or them! They quickly turned around and ran off. Better a zebra than a lion! Pretty cool running into zebras in the middle of the night though -  that feels like camping in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment